Friday, October 19, 2018

General Shenanigans: BonziBuddy Meets Dr. Evil

In this video, we loaded up the infamous BonziBuddy, and had him quote one of the Austin Powers movies.



I didn't have internet access when I was young, because internet access didn't exist in rural areas yet. A relative who had internet access downloaded a "desktop assistant" program called BonziBuddy, and sent it to me via floppy disk (remember those?), which I thought was the neatest thing in the world.

Many years later, after the whole debacle about BonziBuddy being malware, I found that floppy disk, and decided to load it on an old computer that had a floppy drive. You know, for nostalgia.

("Play it once, Sam. For old time's sake.")

I remembered that BonziBuddy had a text-to-speech function, so I typed in Dr. Evil's famous quote about his childhood. I thought it was pretty cool, so I then recorded it on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment