Friday, October 26, 2018

GTA IV LCPDFR - Episode 9 - Star Junction Patrol

In this episode of LCPDFR, we patrol around the Star Junction area of Algonquin.



Right off the bat I have to say that when this episode was recorded (shortly after Episode 8), I was still feeling a little under the weather, but I was primarily demotivated. My very crappy internet service was being very difficult, and was only getting worse by the day.

To go slightly off-track, I was paying AT&T on the order of $50 per month for 3 Mbps/0.3 Mbps Down/Up. I was actually getting 2.1 down and 0.2 up, and it only got worse as time went on. Uploading 20 minute videos took about 3 to 4 hours, and would often fail because the connection timed out about 3 hours in. In fact, before I switched ISPs, even 7 minute videos were failing. Because of all that, I was seriously demotivated, and thought about giving up on the channel altogether.

I saw an ad on local TV for a cable internet provider, and they were running a special offer: 100Mbps/3Mbps Down/Up, for the same price I had been paying AT&T. When I got that set up and working, I uploaded this video - nearly 4 months after it was recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment